There’s nothing more refreshing than a freshly made Moscow Mule served in a fancy copper mug. I’m sure you’ve enjoyed them while out on on the town, and if you’re anything like me then you’ve often wondered why you haven’t made them yourself. In general creating a perfect Moscow Mule isn’t all that hard. If anything it’s easy!
Easy Moscow Mule Recipe:
- 1 1/2 Ounces Vodka (not the cheap stuff either!)
- 1/2 Ounce Organic Lime Juice
- 1/2 Cup Ginger Beer
- Lime Wedge
If you’re wondering what the best vodka is it really depends on your taste. In my experience, the perennial bar favorite seems to be Titos. My own preference is Ketel One but again you can really use anything provided it suits your tastes. Beyond getting the best vodka, lime juice, and ginger beer your presentation is key. You can’t just serve the best Moscow Mule in any old cup.
The history of how the Moscow Mule actually came to be is more than interesting. Marketing genius combined with less than stellar sales of copper mugs, Smirnoff vodka, and ginger beer created the unique drink we all love. Initially advertised as the Smirnoff Mule, magazine ads and posters across the nation showed big name celebrities such as Woody Allen, and Monique Van Vooren drinking and enjoying them and not surprisingly it took off.
Now that you have an idea of the history let’s go over the best copper mugs to make Moscow Mules. Having friends over, dinner parties or even just family you’ll want to impress. Nothing is more refreshing and satisfying than a nicely made mule.
There’s a lot of options these days for the best copper mugs so we broke down the best based on customer reviews, industry trends, and bartending experience.
1. Street Craft Drinkware Accessories Hammered Copper Moscow Mule Mug
Our top pick for the best Moscow Mule is exactly what you need for cocktail perfection. The Steel Craft mugs are 100% real copper, that’s something that generally you won’t find anywhere else. They don’t have “fake” liners of zinc or nickel either. When you’re searching for the perfect mug this is very important especially in ensuring they last longer than a few months before deteriorating. You’ll find if you skimp on price while buying a Moscow Mug you’ll notice they won’t last long. Thinking of it as in investment (in a happier you) is the way to go. You get what you pay for here.
- 100% PURE COPPER QUALITY Each mug is made of superior food grade copper. Unlike other generic products that are made of zinc, nickel or stainless with a copper finish. Our 20 oz Beer Steins Mugs Tankards mugs are the real deal and will be ready to make fun & beautiful drinks right at home!
- BEER MUGS AND GLASSES!! A Beer connoisseur knows that only way to properly drink beer is with a copper tankard because it stays colder longer – Copper enhances the flavor. A beautiful handcrafted addition to any home bar
- NO TIN or NICKEL LINING: Mug is 20 oz. Stunningly Beautiful And Handcrafted. Hammered Copper Mugs With 100% Pure Copper. We Use Welding To Attach Handle As This Makes It Easier To Clean. Riveted Handles Are Harder To Clean Around Rivets And Attract Bacteria Posing Danger To Health And Also Are Notorious For Leakage
2. Donkey Kick Moscow Mule Mugs
Keep your extra drinks cold and beautiful in this unique set of 4 Donkey Kick embossed Moscow Mule mugs. Reminiscent and nearly replicas of the original mugs used at restaurants and bars in the 1940s, these solid 100% copper mugs are untreated, allowing the metal to naturally tarnish with use, evoking an old-world, antique look over time. Crafted with a seamless wall and embossed with a playful donkey and the namesake drink, these Moscow Mule mugs will create a classic drinking experience at your next dinner party.
3. Sertodo Moscow Mule Mugs
Each Piece is Handcrafted
Hammered copper made from 100% recycled sources for a healthier Environment.
Handsome Hammer Polish
These shiny, festive Copper Mugs, cool to the touch, elevate the experience and put a smile across everyone’s face. Bring a little Shock and Awe to any season’s celebrations. Cheers!
Ancient Craft, Modern Design
Sertodo Copper stands on the edge of our rapidly changing world maintaining a balance between the ancient and the modern with a deep respect for their craft and the work of the human hand.
Their Hammer Polish beats shine, beauty and durability into every piece.
No Lining or Lacquer
We prefer to finish our cups and mugs without any lining or lacquer.
TIG Welded Handle
TIG allows for stronger, higher quality welds, Offering durability that will last.
Sertodo Touchmark on the bottom of every piece.
Sertodo Moscow Mule Mug
Heavy Gauge, pure copper, hammer polish.
- Their Hammer Polish beats shine, beauty and durability into every piece
- Heavy gauge, pure copper from 100% recycled sources for a better environment
- The 18 ounce model has a stainless steel handle tig welded to the body and the 12 ounce has a copper handle tig welded to the body.
- Unique style and superior quality, their equipment gives beautiful service that lasts for generations
Classic Copper Cocktail Cup, Famous as the Moscow Mule Mug
Sertodo Tequila Pineapple Sour:
- 2 Part Tequila.
- 1 Generous swirl of Orgeat/ Almond Syrup.
- 4 pieces muddled pineapple.
- 1 slice jalapeno muddled.
- 1/2 Lime Freshly Squeezed.
Strain into copper cup, pack with crushed ice and garnish with a lime, jalapeno and fresh mint. Voila